WordPress is especially great to use because thousands of different themes are readily available. Any combination of define the features and layout can be chosen. In WordPress the installation and switching of the theme is really easy. It’s a separate layer and process from adding and maintaining the content. We do theme updates and switch themes all the time. There’s some labor involved, but the end result is a website that keeps up with the times, and keeps connected to the trends audiences are following.
Blog Design lets your online presence match your real world branding and message. The appearance of your message communicates who you are. The look and feel of your blog should compliment your words.
- Graphics used in the header, logo and per-post graphics all work together to establish a look and feel for your blog.
- Are the images in harmony with the colors? Do they clash and attract attention where they should?
- Are the fonts used in images in harmony with the rest of the site fonts?
- Does the logo communicate the brand value?
- Layout adds organization and ease of use. Layout also has a bearing on where links go, and this has an impact on search engine rank
- Can visitors recognize the core message of the blog?
- Is navigation easy to use?
- Is there space to promote important things aside from the blog posts themselves?
- Fonts unify your brand’s appearance.
- Using the right fonts is part of maintaining a consistent message.
- What colors should certain fonts be? What color should the fonts never be?
- Colors also unify your brand’s appearance and help to communicate feeling and draw attention.
- What colors should people feel in the background?
- What colors should visitors notice when they stand out?
- Content Categorizing not only helps blog visitors find what they’re looking for, or related content, easily.
Some are simple. Some are fancy.
What’s great about themes is that they can be changed like clothes for your website, modifying the appearance, but not changing the structure or the content.
We use themes from lots of different sources. The themes we choose and propose to our clients for their blogs are selected very carefully.
Our team has been working with CMS systems for decades and we know WordPress particularly well. The foundation that WordPress is built upon, PHP, is our team’s programming language of choice. We’ve been developing using PHP since 1998. We’ve written WordPress themes ourselves, modified dozens of themes by creating child themes of them, and authored several WordPress plugins. Whatever look, feel or functionality is needed in a blog design, our team makes it happen.
When you’re designing a blog these are the features and technology you should make part of the design.
Your blog design should represent YOU, the way you see yourself and the way you want other people to see you – regardless of whether you’re a global brand or just a kid sharing with his friends.
- Are you simple or complex?
- Do you want to project a mellow or busy image?
- Do you have layers or are you all up front?
- Do you speak factually or sensually? What’s your story Jack?
- Blogs should be easy to navigate.
- Navigation should have meaning.
- Featured content should be easy to recognize.
- Posts and indexes should be presented with the design conventions visitors expect; don’t get fancy with weird navigation or indexes.
- Automatic Indexing of Content: for example adding new content to indexes and menus.
- Automatic Image Formatting: Don’t worry about Photoshop or having to understand web graphics. Many blogs automatically resize and crop images by themselves.
- Automatic Social Formatting: Make your content look awesome on Facebook, Google+, Twitter, LinkedIn and Pinterest automatically every time.
- Automatic Consistency: Content management software like WordPress removes the burden of technical consistency from someone with the motivation to express themselves. Why should you have to worry about side rail widths when you’re on a roll, excited about your new product or service?
- Social Share Buttons for sharing links to the blog post are important elements to a blog design. It lets visitors share the link with their friends and followers with one click.
- RSS feed functionality allows people and their software to stay connected to updates you make on your website.
- WordPress allows sectional RSS feeds. Leveraged properly, these different RSS feeds can be used for social media automation, bringing lots of attention to your site with a minimum of effort.
- Lead Generation, Contact & Newsletter signup forms are easy to deploy, track and modify. They enhance engagement easily.
- Portfolios galleries allow showcasing what makes you special easily and consistently. Make your simplest work look as professional as possible with a minimum of effort.
- Real-time feeds of inventory, video, prices, anything that can be entered into a computer can be connected to your blog creating automated posts with the real-time information you’re audience values.
Local: (561) 232-2424
Online Marketing Blog
- Business Listing Plugin Features Added to Help With Coronavirus ResponseMarch 22, 2020 - 7:45 pm
- Massive Impressions is now an Authorize.net Partner – Making YOUR E-commerce Faster and More AccountableOctober 10, 2019 - 3:20 pm
- Business Listing Plugin ReleasedMay 22, 2019 - 5:06 pm
- Electronic Agent Consideration: When AI Thinks About YOUMarch 5, 2018 - 11:10 am